Autism is a life-long condition with no known cause or cure (yet). Autism ranges from mild to moderate to severe. It can be supported with proper intervention and training.
If you are a caregiver of a person with autism, do know that you are not alone in your challenging journey to support your loved one(s) with autism. Be brave and seek help when you need an extra hand.
If you need a listening ear and/or some suggestions on improving your well-being, consider the following helplines:
- Samaritans of Singapore (24-Hour Hotline): 1800 221 4444
- Institute of Mental Health (Mental Help Helpline): 6389 2000
- Institute of Mental Health (General Enquiries): 6389 2222
- Singapore Association for Mental Health: 1800 283 7019
- Care Corner Counselling Centre (Mandarin): 1800 353 5800
- Tinkle Friend: 1800 274 4788
Or visit the National Council of Social Service (NCSS) website for a list of counselling services here.
For more helplines, download NCSS’s list here.